What’s your answer when I ask you if you want 2013 to be even better than 2012?
It’s probably ‘yes!’, right?
I don’t think I know anyone who’d like things to get worse 😉
This time of year is the perfect time to be thinking about what you want to create next year.
Of course, just saying you want things to be better won’t make a difference at all.
It doesn’t say anything about what it is you want exactly, and what ‘better’ means to you – as clear as possible.
If you don’t have a clear vision for 2013 or a business plan for next year yet, I suggest you take some time to think about this and write it down as specific as you can.
The clearer you are on what you want, and the more precise you are about this, the bigger the chance you will get or create what you want.
Once you are clear on what you want, it’s time for the next phase: releasing the old and welcoming the new.
Every new creation needs new actions, thoughts, beliefs, feelings and, well, a new and improved version of you, really.
It is always necessary to release something old if you want to create something new.
This exercise helps you do just that.
Take two large sheets of paper. Hang them on your wall.
On one sheet you write: ‘Hello!’ And on the other, write ‘Goodbye!’
On the sheet that says ‘Hello!’ you’re going to write every new thing you invite and welcome into your life.
On the ‘goodbye!’ sheet you’re going to write everything you want or need to release.
You can use the following questions for this exercise:
Inspiration for your ‘Goodbye!’ list:
- These are negative beliefs I choose to release:
- These are old habits I now let go off:
- This is how I never want to feel again:
- This is who I no longer am in my business:
- This is something I will no longer do in 2013:
- This is something I will no longer tolerate:
- This is a lesson I have finally learned, and I will no longer need to repeat:
- Other things I will let go off once and for all:
- If I sum all this up in ONE word, this is the ONE thing that I release from my business in 2013:
Inspiration for your ‘Hello!’ list:
- These are positive beliefs I now welcome into my life:
- These are new habits I now welcome into my life:
- This is what I want to learn more about this year:
- This is how I want to feel this year:
- This is who I want to be this year in my business:
- This is something new I will do this year:
- This is something new I will create this year:
- This is something new I will experience this year:
- Other things I now welcome into my life and my business are:
- If I sum all this up in ONE word, this is the ONE thing that I welcome into my business in 2013:
This week’s transformational action
Do the exercise. When you’re finished, come up with a nice ritual to symbolically get rid of the things you said goodbye to.
You can burn the sheet of paper in a nice bonfire, for example. Or tie it to some fireworks and let it fly into the sky on December 31st.
Hold on to your ‘Hello!’-list. Keep it somewhere you can see it regularly.
Enjoy and merry whatever you’re celebrating!
Let me know what you’ll let go of and welcome into your business!
You can post your comments & thoughts below. Thanks!